News from IMBIM
- New research shows that bacteriophages (viruses that infect bacteria) can contribute to new functions by revealing hidden potential in their bacterial hosts.
- Mikael Sellin is awarded with The Lennart Philipson Award 2018
- New research from Uppsala University shows that even low concentrations of antibiotics can lead to the development of high antibiotic resistance in bacteria.
- The European Research Council (ERC) has allocated a total of € 653 million in grants for the announcement of the 2017 ERC Advanced Grants. Uppsala University receives a contribution in life sciences. This grant goes to Carl-Henrik Heldin, cancer researcher at IMBIM.
- Gerli Rosengren Pielberg has been appointed as a lecturer in genomics.
Publicerat vid IMBIM
- Comparative omics and feeding manipulations in chicken indicate a shift of the endocrine role of visceral fat towards reproduction. 2018
- Imidazopyrazinones (IPYs): Non-Quinolone Bacterial Topoisomerase Inhibitors Showing Partial Cross-Resistance with Quinolones. 2018
- Thymectomy lowers the myasthenia gravis biomarker miR-150-5p.. 2018
- Integrin αVβ3 can substitute for collagen‐binding β1‐integrins in vivo to maintain a homeostatic interstitial fluid pressure. 2018
- Snail regulates BMP and TGF beta pathways to control the differentiation status of glioma-initiating cells. 2018
- Repeated evolution of self-compatibility for reproductive assurance. 2018
- Expression robust 3D face landmarking using thresholded surface normals. 2018
- Global characterization of the Dicer-like protein DrnB roles in miRNA biogenesis in the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum. 2018
- Alkhurma Hemorrhagic Fever Virus RNA in Hyalomma rufipes Ticks Infesting Migratory Birds, Europe and Asia Minor. 2018
- Multiple nuclear-replicating viruses require the stress-induced protein ZC3H11A for efficient growth. 2018